PCC Safeguarding Policy Statement
As members of the PCC we commit our church community to the support, nurture, protection and safeguarding of all, especially the young and vulnerable. We recognise that our work with children, young people and adults who may be at risk is the responsibility of the whole church community and are fully committed to acting within current legislation, guidance, national frameworks and the Diocesan Safeguarding procedures. We have adopted the House of Bishop’s ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ Policy.
- We will ensure that all the necessary checks are made to promote the safe selection and recruitment of those who work with vulnerable groups, and provide the necessary supervision, support and training to them in order that they can undertake their roles effectively.
- We will respond without delay to concerns raised about a child, young person or adult who may have been harmed, or be at risk from harm.
- We will fully co-operate with the Diocese and appropriate statutory agencies during any investigation into abuse, including when allegations are made against a member of the church community.
- We commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
- Each person who works with vulnerable groups, including children, will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
- We are committed to reviewing our policy annually, and as part of this, check that our parish safeguarding procedures are up-to-date and relevant.
We have appointed Laurie Rickwood as our Safeguarding Representative who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org 07492414244
Please click on the following link for the Portsmouth Diocese safeguarding webpage links to: safeguarding contacts; how to report abuse; safeguarding toolkit; training information; and the C of E safeguarding link https://www.portsmouth.anglican.org/safeguarding/